12 ounces green beans (trimmed and need to be dry)
2 teaspoons olive oil
Kosher salt & fresh cracked pepper to taste
1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
1 1/2 tablespoon shredded parmesan
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F
- Line a baking sheet with aluminum for easy clean-up
- Lay green beans out on the sheet & drizzle olive oil over them.
- Season with salt, pepper & garlic powder
- Spread them out on the sheet so they lay flat & place on the lower section of your oven.
- Bake 10 minutes, shake pain to turn & bake 5 additional minutes
- Remove from the oven & sprinkle with grated cheese
From the farm box I had a bunch of green beans as well as the long Chinese green beans from Farmer’s market. That’s a lot of green beans! Wanted to try something different and found this recipe from skinnytaste.com. BUT I used way to much olive oil. I didn’t measure it, just drizzled it with a heavy hand.
Would I make it again? Yes, following the measurements. This recipe is a keeper! If I was making this vegan think I’d use nutritional yeast instead of parmesan. If you don’t have nutritional yeast you can substitute:
2-3 teaspoons brewer’s yeast (slightly bitter)
OR 2-3 teaspoons yeast extract